Wednesday, 16 January 2013
1. Premae Skincare Balance Rescue Face Tonique (£27.50): You apply this toner, which is suitable for combination skin, with a cotton pad after cleansing your face, then apply moisturiser as you normally would. The toner mattifies and rejuvinates congested skin, plus my face felt very refreshed after it! It has antiseptic lemongrass, sandalwood oil, rose water for hydration of the skin and is alcohol free so it's not too harsh on the skin.
2. Jason Lips Bee Healthier (£1.99): With the winter blast coming on Friday, there really is no better time to stock up on moisturising and soothing lip balms for chapped and dry lips. Because we all know it's going to happen. With natural products such as Beeswax, Vitamin E, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil and a 70% Organic promise, you can't really go wrong for £1.99.
It really soothed and nourished my lips and I loved the scent and taste of it! What's not to love?!
3. Duck Island Limited Body Lotion (£24.95): First of all, the scent of this body lotion is exactly as you would expect - a blend of mandarin and bergamot which captures the beauty of the East. The lotion itself is not bad, it's nourishing and quick absorbing. paraben and mineral oil free to fit in all the goodness.
I love using my body lotions after a hot shower or bath as they really absorb into the skin when you massage them in, and the heat of the body makes the scent stronger around you.
My only criticism is the price for this lotion, and I'm not too keen on how it comes in 2 x 250ml packaging....
4. Monu Aromatic Mask (£24.95): This face mask warms up on your face to help the skin absorb its vitamins and minerals.The ingredients are made up of Natural Clay, Beeswax and Coconut Oil, all of which act to nourish, renew and hydrate your skin. It's meant to be used twice a week, to apply you spread the mask over your face with fingertips or a brush, then wait 10-15 minutes and remove with a cotton wool pad or sponge soaked in warm water.
I have used Monu skincare before and I really enjoy their products, natural and efficient!
5. Elemis Fresh Skin - Skin Glow Facial Exfoliator (£12): I am very familiar with the Elemis brand because my mum is a big fan of their products so I used to get her some for Christmas. The Elemis Fresh Skin range is developed for young people from their teens to their mid-twenties to nurture the skin and prevent premature ageing. This facial exfoliant contains cherry powder (yum!) and jojoba beads to polish your skin and remove dead skin cells, leaving your face refined and nourished. It also contains mandarin and aniseed for smooth and soft skin, beautiful!
6. Glossybox Eye Mask: This is the extra product in this months box, a cute eye mask to help you get to sleep! I have many of these that I have somehow accumulated through presents and in gift boxes. But one more never hurt anybody ;)
January's "Detox" theme shines through in this box full of natural and helpful products, definitively things that will help along to get by the cold weather. My favourite products have been the lip balm and the Monu face mask, and I am looking forward to trying out the Elemis Scrub tonight!
Did you get a Glossybox this month? What products did you get?