Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Easy Curry Recipe

easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe
easy curry recipe, home made curry recipe, quick curry recipe


I absolutely LOVE a good, spicy curry and quite often I use a cheats way of making a quick and easy curry during the week. This isn't a recipe for a traditional Indian curry, but rather a recipe for a dish which will spice up any midweek evening and you can throw almost anything in there which you might have in the fridge!

What you'll need to serve 3/4:
3 chicken breasts, diced
Two mugs or basmati rice
1 fresh chilli
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
Some greens: I've picked sprigs of broccoli and green beans
Coriander
Shop bought curry sauce - I've chosen Buttermilk Chicken from Asda
Poppadoms
Naan bread
Chilli paste - I've got Mr Naga chilli pickle
Cool mint raita

I always prep my ingredients before I start cooking, so dice up your chicken, slice your chillies and chop up your garlic. Get the rice started first, so whilst your rice is cooking you can concentrate on the sauce. In a large wok, warm up a tablespoon of oil, then carefully drop in your sliced onion and garlic and cook until they start to turn a golden colour.
Next, add the diced chicken breasts and cook the chicken - I'm always slightly funny with chicken so I prefer to ensure it's nearly cooked before I add the other ingredients and sauce. When you think your chicken is nearly there, add the greens and your chosen curry sauce. I've got a little cheat which helps the curry sauce cook longer without drying out: once the sauce is poured into the wok, fill up the empty jar with water and swoosh around - this way you can add a little extra moisture to the dish, and use up the sauce which is stuck to the jar!
At this stage, I also add my chosen chilli paste. Depending on how hot your curry sauce already is, you can see how much you want to add. As the buttermilk chicken sauce is not spicy at all, I added a teaspoon of Mr Naga pickled chilli, as well as some fresh chopped chillies. Remember you can always add, but you can't take away!
Get the oven going for the naan bread at this point, so it's nice and hot by the time you have to put the bread in. I love my curry with warm naan bread and poppadoms!
Now all you've got to do is wait for the rice and the curry to cook, usually it takes about 20 minutes but remember to check the pack for cooking times. I cover my curry with a lid, and leave it to simmer.

Once you're ready to dish up, drop the coriander into the curry and give it a good stir. Crush some of the poppadoms to small pieces and sprinkle on top of the curry. Serve this tasty treat with warm naan bread, and plenty of cool mint raita!


2 comments:

  1. mmm curry is my favourite! i've yet to find the perfect at-home recipe so I will definitely be giving this a try! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I adore pretty much all indian food! xx

    ReplyDelete